At Fit City Kids, we drive fitness through fun!
Fit City Kids brings family, fun, and physical education together by providing a unique experience to both kids and parents alike. Our focus is on our families and making sure kids are having fun and being active! Not only do we have an open- play area where families can drop in at any time to have a blast, but through our classes, each child will create valuable habits in the world of health and fitness.
Fit City Kids promotes a balanced lifestyle for our young athletes by sharing our passion for health and fitness. We are a team of educators and instructors that have a sincere interest in the future of the children we serve. It is our goal to help build and nourish a sturdy foundation for leading healthy, active lifestyles and to share a love of sport and activity.
Our programs are educational, active, and outrageously fun! Using child development theories, youth fitness strategies, experienced coaches and the expertise that comes along with years of working with youth of all ages, we created a curriculum that introduces kids to fitness, health and much more. Our program helps develop a child’s social, emotional, and cognitive skills while providing physical exercise and developing well rounded young athletes. The classes and curriculum address the major aspects of fitness: strength, speed, stamina and flexibility to help children stay right on track for their developmental benchmarks. Most importantly, we deliver results through games, activities, and overall FUN!
• Russell has lived in 2 countries, 5 states, and 7 cities!
• Russell loves sports and fitness and has participated in all of the following sports competitively: baseball, basketball, football, swimming, diving, track, crosscountry, and boxing.
• He loves his family, and spends any free time he has playing with his kids!
• Brad’s favorite sport is basketball and still is active playing in competitive rec leagues throughout the city.
• His love for music is second to only sports and fitness, and he enjoys exploring the Chicago live music scene, especially small jazz clubs.
• One of his favorite hobbies is photography and loves taking portraits of people all over Chicago
• A favorite quote of Kari's is by Nelson Mandela, ``It always seems impossible until it's done.``
• In her free time, you can find Kari playing soccer, painting, trying new restaurants and coffee shops around Chicago, or hanging out with her rescue
• Chihuahuas Midnight and Rocky.
• She has also been training hard for the Chicago Marathon and is excited to have her first marathon under her belt.
• She loves to learn new things and I try to incorporate one new thing a year. Last year she started training in Krav Maga and received her yellow belt! This year she wants to take dancing and either learn Spanish or take an art class!
• Kim can't burp! She tries and it just sounds like a baby raptor is trying to escape her throat.
• She loves to travel, try new restaurants, be outdoors with her dog, read, play sports and be active. She’d like to travel to next to the north-east US and then Ireland and Spain.
• Jessica enjoys spending most of her free time with friends and family.
• She loves vacationing and traveling and getting out and trying new things.
• She loves exploring Chicago and trying out new restaurants as often as possible-recommendations are always welcome!